Nothing says I love you like chocolate! This recipe is one that I adapted from a brownie recipe that I originally found from Enjoy Life. Hands down! These are the most fudgey and super moist brownies. The trick is to not over bake. The addition of the peppermint ganache topping makes this treat even more luxurious!
- ½ cup Superfine brown rice flour
- ¼ cup Garbanzo bean flour
- ¼ cup Potato starch flour
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ¼ tsp Xanthum gum
- ¼ tsp Sea salt
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1Tbsp Instant coffee crystals (decaffeinated)
- 1/3 cup Tapioca gel *(see recipe below)
- ½ cup Dairy-free chocolate chips
- ¼ cup Boiling water
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Brown rice syrup
- 2 Tbsp Canola oil
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
* Tapioca Gel
- 1/2 cup Cold water
- 1/2 Tbsp Tapioca starch
In a small saucepan, dissolve tapioca starch into cold water. Continuously whisk over high heat until the liquid thickens and the color is translucent (It should have the consistency of gravy). Set aside to cool.
(Note: Store extra tapioca gel in refrigerator to use for additional batch. It will keep for a week)
- Line 9x9 pan with parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix together brown rice flour, garbanzo bean flour, potato starch flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthum gum, sea salt, and cocoa powder.
- In a second bowl, pour boiling water over dairy-free chocolate chips and instant coffee crystals. Whisk until chocolate chips are melted and coffee crystals have dissolved. Add tapioca gel, brown sugar, brown rice syrup, canola oil, and vanilla extract. Mix until ingredients are combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly until everything is incorporated.
- Pour brownie batter into lined baking pan and bake in oven for 18-20 minute. The brownies should be firm but still moist in the middle. Overbaking will give your brownies a more cake-like consistency. Set aside to cool.
Mint Chocolate Ganache
- 1 cup Dairy-free chocolate chips (e.g. Enjoy Life, Rice Dream)
- ½ cup Dairy-free creamer (e.g. Silk, So Delicious)
- ½ cup Powdered confectioners sugar
- ½ tsp Peppermint extract
- In a small saucepan, heat creamer until it comes to a bare simmer. Place chocolate chips in bowl and pour hot creamer. Let stand 2 minutes, then whisk until chocolate is melted. Set aside and allow chocolate mixture to cool for 10 minutes
- Sift powdered sugar into a small bowl. Add one third of powdered sugar to chocolate mixture and whisk until sugar is incorporated. Repeat process, with the rest of the sugar, making sure to whisk in between. Whisk in peppermint extract into chocolate and sugar mixture.
- Spread over cooled brownies. Refrigerate to allow ganache to become firm.