Boxed soups are readily available in your local grocery stores. Imagine and Pacific are two brands that have used in my recipes. When using cream soups, read the ingredients carefully, not all varieties are dairy or gluten free.
1 lb fresh sweet Italian sausage
1 (32oz) box Imagine Creamy Potato Leek Soup
1 (15 oz) can kidney beans
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
2 cups uncooked brown rice macaroni or other wheat-free pasta
- Remove sausage from casings and crumble into 4 quart sauce pan
- Saute sausage in medium high heat until brown
- Stir in with sausage, potato leek soup, tomato sauce, basil, and oregano
- Drain and rinse beans, and add to soup mixture.
- Cover pan and reduce heat to low.
- Cook covered for 14 to 16 minutes or until pasta is al dente and the sauce has thickened. Stir occasionally to ensure that pasta does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
NOTE: To make a vegetarian version, omit sausage and add an additional can of beans.