Image credit TheSpec.com and Gary Yokoyama/The Hamilton Spectator
Sarah Batchelor, a 17 year old St. Jean de Bredeuf student, excused herself from PE class. She ended up in a bathroom stall, hunched over a toilet in the bathroom. Sarah was nauseous, heaving, and couldn't swallow. In addition, she was having trouble breathing, had a swollen face and red rashes on her skin. Sarah text-messeged her friend for help.
Sarah's PE teacher, Carolyn Mossey, found her in the bathroom. Ms. Mossey recognized the symptoms as an anaphylactic reaction and called 911 who instructed the teacher to use an Epipen. However, because Sarah did not have a known allergy, the teacher had to use an Epipen belonging to another student. What Sarah reacted to is still being determined.
To read more on this story, please visit the following link: http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/831644--teacher-saves-student-s-life-with-epipen
This page is an archive of previously published articles on food allergy related news posts.
Subscribe to our mailing list and receive these post in your email inbox!