| || |
From NBCNews by Jonel Aleccia, "A Seattle family’s summer camping trip barely escaped tragedy last year after their highly allergic 7-year-old ate a mislabeled snack food that could have cost her her life — an alarming example of what food safety experts say are growing reports of undeclared allergens that can lead to potentially serious harm.
Isabelle Thomelin bit into what she thought were chocolate-covered banana pieces, only to realize too late that they were actually chocolate-covered walnuts.
“She comes racing back to the camp and she’s saying, ‘I had a nut! I had a nut!'” said Toni Thomelin, Isabelle’s mother, recalling the July 2013 scare..."
Read more: http://www.nbcnews.com/health/allergies/hidden-danger-undeclared-allergens-lurk-many-foods-n124626
FAACT Allergy Alerts and Recalls
Kids with Food Allergies Allergy Alerts
FARE Allergy Alerts