During this holiday season, we would like to thank you for supporting Loudoun Allergy Network. Your contribution will enable us to provide information and advocacy throughout Loudoun County. During the past year, LAN Board of Directors and members have been very busy! We have supported the food allergy community in the following ways:
- Hosted the Second Annual Not-So-Spooky Halloween Bash, which was food-free and full of fun!
- Distributed LAN information brochures and business cards to local allergists' and physicians' offices.
- Provided information packets to new members.
- Met one-on-one with parents to review the LCPS food allergy guidelines, "Caring for Students with Food -Allergies in School" and provide assistance for developing Individual Health Care and 504 Plans.
- Advocated at monthly Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) meetings, including Inclusive Practices and Child Study/Child Find/504 Subcommittees.
- Attended the Health, Safety, and Wellness Committee meeting regarding LCPS Anti-bulling Policies to present on behalf of students with food allergies.
- Attended the Health, Safety, and Wellness Committee Meeting to provide input regarding the Stock Epinephrine Policy.
Our efforts have been recognized by the Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network:
- LAN was recognized as one of the top fundraisers at the annual FAAN Walk for a Cure in Northern Virginia.
- LAN President Thanita Glancey received the prestigious FAAN Mariel C. Furlong Award for Making a Difference.
President Thanita Glancey provided food allergy awareness and education through the following:
- WTOP interviews
- Washington Post interview
- FAAN Newsletter articles
- Paxton Campus ALLY Advocacy Center presentation
- FAAN Leaders Summit
Please note LAN does NOT charge a fee for services or compensate volunteers for their time. Since we are strictly a volunteer-based organization, your donation today will help provide the support necessary to our members and the local food allergy community. Thank you for your consideration.
Donate by clicking on this link: http://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/8925