By Ishani Nash, Allergic Living, "The Thanksgiving of 2014 was filled with grief for two families who each lost a teenage son to anaphylaxis.
Chandler Swink, 19, a student at Oakland University in Michigan, was severely allergic to peanuts and suffered a reaction on Wednesday Nov. 19 that left him in a coma. After a week in coma and on life support, the young man was pronounced dead on Wednesday, Nov. 26..." More...
From Lex18.com News:
"A Madison County student was in the right place at the right time when she started to have a severe allergic reaction.
Luckily for the student, she was able to get a shot from an EpiPen from the nurse; a shot that saved her life.
"My daughter texted me and thought she was having an allergic reaction," Robin McDaniel said.
But when her daughter told her she had trouble breathing, McDaniel knew something was seriously wrong..."
Read the story here:
This page is an archive of previously published articles on food allergy related news posts.
Subscribe to our mailing list and receive these post in your email inbox!