Another unfortunate fatal reaction occurred in our food allergy community. Natalie Giorgi, 13 years old, was celebrating her last day at summer camp. It was an evening event with family and friends. She took one bite of a Rice Krispy-type treat and noticed it tasted like peanut and spit it out. Upon inspection, her mother found the treat to contain peanut butter. Natalie's parents observed her where symptoms did not occur for 20 minutes. Natalie started to throw up, had trouble breathing and went into cardiac arrest. Unfortunately, three epinephrine pens could not save her. According to News10.net, the Giorgi family would like "others to learn from this and realize nut and food allergies are life threatening. Caution and care for those inflicted should always be supported and taken."
Have a Safe and Happy 4th of July!
Visit our July 4th Pinterest board for celebration ideas: http://pinterest.com/loudounallergy/july-4th/
This page is an archive of previously published articles on food allergy related news posts.
Subscribe to our mailing list and receive these post in your email inbox!