A new study recently published on February 18, 2013 from the Allergy, Asthma and Clinical Immunology, reveals the peanut allergen can remain on a surface, if not cleaned, for at least 110 days. "The peanut allergen is very robust". Therefore, "regular cleaning should be reinforced before and after eating as a safety measure...".
Read more on the study at: http://www.aacijournal.com/content/9/1/7/abstract
This page is an archive of previously published articles on food allergy related news posts.
Subscribe to our mailing list and receive these post in your email inbox!